Monday, December 11, 2006

Lookin' for yarn in all the wrong places...
As a loom knitter you think I would have plenty of bulky yarn in my stash but I don't!!
I wonder if anyone has reccomendations on what yarn to use for this pattern. I know it reccommends Lamb's Pride bulky.. but it's wool.. and it scares me!!! I am just not sure about wool on my forehead! And I want to looooove this hat! So point me in the right direction! What are you all knitting your's up in??
If you tell me that the Lamb's Pride is soft and happy, well I will try it.. after all I got a coupon for my LYS in the mail for 15% off!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

I find the Lambs Pride bulky fine to wear nect to my skin, but it is a 'woolly' wool and might not be suitable for sensitive skin. I'm sure there are plenty of wool or merino blends of the same gauge? Don't know many US brands but am pretty sure Sirdar do some. Twilley's Freedom wool is also great next to skin - even softer!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home